A program was established by HIMAWANTI and the Regional Community Forestry Training Center for Asia and the Pacific (RECOFTC) to disseminate information on efforts to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation to 217 participants in the training. One session was hosted in Makwanpur, another hosted in Lalitpur. The training session also allowed for discussions to occur between participants, grassroots stakeholders, government and non-governmental organization representatives. This lead to the creation of a communal climate change action plan according to the REDD model that will be implemented within their respective regions. HIMAWANTI will be following up with the communities after six months to help facilitate the program’s implementation.
- Co-ordination with District Forest Office in both of the Districts
- Clarifying the context and objectives of the event to the stakeholders
- Brief introduction of climate change and REDD+ , global and local updates and the key issues raised
- Dissemination of documents and publications related to climate change and REDD+.
- 217 participants were gain knowledge and information about CC and REDD.
- Participants will be able to share about the CC and REDD mechanism in community level.
- Participants have developed their individual action plan to save from the Climate Change and to get result benefit from REDD+ mechanism.